Jada began her career as a recruit March 1992, on the midnight shift. Jada states that she sought
employment with the 9-1-1 Center because she always had the desire "to make a difference" in the
work she did, and help those in need of assistance.
Jada worked diligently to master the fundamentals of each key function and position within the Center,
and did so. Along the way, she sought and received many certifications that have helped her to "make a
difference" within the public safety agencies we support and behind the scenes in the operations area.
Just a few of her accomplishments over the years are:
- Certification as a DCJS Instructor - afforded the opportunity to instruct recruits not only in
VB9-1-1, but in the Police, Fire, and EMS services within the city in a multitude of topic
- Certification, training, and appointment as Coordinator in the department's Mentoring Team,
CISM Peer Support Team, Crisis Intervention Team and department liaison.
- Certification as a Virginia Criminal Information Network Instructor that affords her the opportunity
to certify public safety personnel, magistrates, fire investigators, and other jurisdictions'
employees throughout the Hampton Roads area to operate criminal justice systems.
- Co-Developer of CIT Training for Telecommunicators Curriculum. She has taught CIT at Local,
State, and International Conferences around the country. She has been recognized for her
dedication to the CIT initiatives and outstanding instruction in the area of CIT.
- Emergency Number Professional (ENP) obtained in April 2013.
- Chairs the annual awards committee for Virginia APCO.
- Serves as a Director At Large for the Virginia APCO Executive Board.
Jada was promoted to Operations Supervisor in November 2002, and then to Senior Operations
Supervisor in November 2008 and to Operations Manager in October 2014. She continually strives to meet
and/or exceed all expectations of her duties and responsibilities. A key example of her drive is her
attendance and completion of the Virginia Beach Police Department's West Point Leadership Program
at the Law Enforcement Training Academy.
Jada consistently seeks out trainings and courses to help
her improve her leadership/management skills and to help her division grow. Due to an organization
change within Virginia Beach Emergency Communications and Citizen Services, Jada now oversees the
operations division for both 3-1-1 and 9-1-1. This is a new role and responsibility that she is embracing to
move 3-1-1 to the next level with technology and excellent customer service.